US Open Tennis 2012 TV Schedule: Updated Television Guide to Week 2
Some pundits predicted that the absence of Rafael Nadal and the comedown from the thrilling finale at Wimbledon would lead to a disappointing 2012 US Open. Though most of the matches in the early rounds have gone according to plan, the Open has already seen its share of early excitement, with much more drama promised in the tournament's second and final week.
There have already been a few upsets, most notably Caroline Wozniacki and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, each Top-10 players. There were also close wins by players like Janko Tipsarevic and Andy Murray.
But perhaps nothing has excited American fans more than their final time enjoying the play of former Open winner Andy Roddick. Roddick, who announced that this year's US Open will be the final tournament of his career, has made it through the first three rounds without facing too difficult of a challenge. He will next face Juan Martin del Potro, himself a former US Open winner, in the round of 16 in which Roddick will be the underdog.
With most of the sport's elite competitors still in the tournament and a few exciting storylines already taking shape, the second week of the US Open promises to be a treat for tennis fans.
Monday, September 3
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. EDT - Round of 16 - CBS/CBS Sports Network
- 7-11 p.m. EDT - Primetime at the U.S. Open: Round of 16 - ESPN2
Tuesday, September 4
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. EDT - Men's Round of 16/Women's Quarterfinals - ESPN2
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. EDT - Men's Round of 16/Doubles Matches - Tennis Channel
- 7-11 p.m. EDT - Primetime at the U.S. Open: Men's Round of 16/Women's Quarterfinal - ESPN2
How much further will Andy Roddick advance in the 2012 US Open?
Wednesday, September 5
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. EDT - Doubles and Juniors - Tennis Channel
- 12-7 p.m. EDT - Quarterfinals - ESPN2
- 7-11 p.m. EDT - Primetime at the U.S. Open: Quarterfinals - ESPN2
Thursday, September 6
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. EDT - Doubles/Juniors - Tennis Channel
- 12-6 p.m. EDT - Men's Quarterfinal/Mixed Doubles Final - ESPN2
- 7-11 p.m. EDT - Primetime at the U.S. Open: Special Doubles Exhibition/Men's Quarterfinal - ESPN2
Friday, September 7
- 12:30-6 p.m. EDT - Men's Doubles Final/Women's Singles Semifinals - CBS
Saturday, September 8
- 12-6 p.m. EDT - Men's Singles Semifinals - CBS
- 8-10 p.m. EDT - Women's Singles Final - CBS
Sunday, September 9
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. EDT - Women's Doubles Final - ESPN2
- 4-7 p.m. EDT - Men's Singles Final - CBS
Additionally, live streaming of the US Open is available on the U.S. Open's website, with live coverage of more than 200 matches available for free to residents of the United States and its territories.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?