Here is my 2009 NFL Mock Draft. Feel free to agree or disagree. All feedback is greatly appreciated. This is assuming no trades are made that would change the outcome of the draft.
1. Detroit Lions - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
There is no point in drafting Matthew Stafford if your offensive line cannot protect him. Jason Smith is a safe bet because he is a dominating OT.
Smith is under 310 pounds and very versatile, so he will instantly help the line. To have a good QB, you need to have a good offensive line.
2. St. Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
The Rams need to add to their offensive line so Monroe will be helpful. He is the second best offensive tackle in the draft and he could help their line as well. Rams could easily go defensive minded but instead should focus on the offensive line. Monroe will help make openings for Steven Jackson.
3. Kansas City Cheifs - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
Despite all the talk of trading for Matt Cassel, then Chiefs may elect to not draft him and instead go for the only NFL ready QB in the draft. Stafford will bring leadership and skill to a team that has lacked it for a while.
4. Seattle Seahawks - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
Hasselback hasnt had a fantastic wide-out in some time. Branch is helpful but can't seem to stay uninjured. Crabtree is one of the most athletic players in the draft. With sure hands he will easily be a top ten pick.
5. Cleveland Browns - Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
He dropped down a few spots but he will be drafted by the Cleveland Browns in this spot. He will complement Kamerion Wimbley, and definitely improve the defense that Cleveland had last year.
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
Carson Palmer needs protection and Oher will provide it.
7. Oakland Raiders - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
Al Davis is unconventional when it comes to draft picks so instead of getting an OT or LB he'll get a wide receiver.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars- Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas
Offensive line is something the Jaguars need to improve on but Orakpo is a great LB who will help with the Pass Rush.
9. Green Bay Packers - B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
He shined in the Senior Bowl and he would help out where the Packers need it badly.
10. San Francisco 49ers - Malcolm Jenkins, CB/FS, Ohio State
Sanchez is on the board right now and they should grab him but instead they go for CB because they believe that J.T. O'Sullivan is their QB.
This is my take on the first ten picks of the draft. What do you think?