TNA Hardcore Justice 2012: What Worked and What Didn't
Since I have very little to put here, I decided to put my predictions (written the day before the PPV) down just for fun. I'm just going to state the match and who I think will win in bold:
TNA Heavyweight Championship: Austin Aries
BFG Series Ladder Match: AJ Styles (I want Christopher Daniels but it seems unlikely)
BFG Series Tables Match: Bully Ray
BFG Series Falls Count Anywhere Match: Mr Anderson
Knockouts Title Match: Madison Rayne
Kash/Gunner vs. Chavo/Hernandez: Chavo/Hernandez
X-Division Title Match: Kenny King (If he has an entrance graphic)
BFG Series Table:
RANK WRESTLE NAME POINTS RECORD
1) James Storm 66 points (6-3-2) 11 MATCHES
2) Rob Van Dam 55 points (6-2) 8 MATCHES
3) Samoa Joe 54 points (6-3) 9 MATCHES
4) Bully Ray 48 points (5-3) 8 MATCHES
5) Kurt Angle 48 points (6-5) 11 MATCHES
6) Mr. Anderson 40 points (5-4-1) 10 MATCHES
7) AJ Styles 36 points (3-3-1) 6 MATCHES
8) Jeff Hardy 35 points (5-4) 9 MATCHES
9) Daniels 33 points (5-6) 11 MATCHES
10) Magnus 21 points (3-7) 10 MATCHES
11) The Pope 7 points (1-8) 9 MATCHES
12) Robbie E 5 points (1-9) 10 MATCHES
Chavo Guerrero/Hernandez (TexMex) vs. Gunner/Kid Kash: Solid opening match between the two teams. There were parts of the match that started to slow a bit for me but between the heel tag-team tactics of Kash/Gunner and the fact that Hernandez looked like an absolute beast (something that hasn't happened for some time), it was an entertaining bout.
BFG 20 Point Falls Count Anywhere Match: RVD vs. Magnus vs. D'Angelo Deniro vs. Mr Anderson: Very nice match with one of the best beatdowns I have seen in a long time. Pope sold the hell out of the injury. Magnus looked at home playing with the big boys, but no one really expected him to win. RVD looked good and Mr. Anderson has been really underrated throughout the whole BFG Series.
TV Title Match: Devon (c) vs. Kazarian: Why the hell can't we get his kind of match on Impact? Devon looked great and hit his moves really well, and Kaz sold them fantastically. Kaz did a great job in the match and he looked better than ever. My only problem is that this may lead to a feud between Daniels/Kazarian and Devon/Bischoff.
Knockouts Title Match: Miss Tessmacher (c) vs. Madison Rayne: I was really worried that the match was going to end badly (especially after the last few matches with Madison), but I was pleasantly surprised. Madison and Tessmacher wrestled a decent match (although Tessmacher wasn't at her greatest), and Earl didn't show complete favoritism toward Madison. The finish was actually damn good and should lead into a good storyline.
BFG 20 Point Tables Match: Jeff Hardy vs. James Storm vs. Bully Ray vs. Robbie E: My biggest fear in this match was that Robbie E would look terribly out of place, but he looked like he belonged in the match. He really performed and dominated parts of the match. Every man throwing the tables out of the way and making last-minute saves to prevent other people from winning was great, and it really added to the urgency.
TNA X-Division Championship Match: Zema Ion (c) vs. Kenny King: It is only a matter of time before Kenny King becomes the X-Division champion, but in the meantime, Zema is doing a fine job. King was really quick and crisp in this match and it almost overshadowed Zema completely, but Zema did a good job keeping up and using classic heel tactics.
BFG 20 Point Ladder Match: AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels: Absolutely fantastic ladder match that all men were great in. Creative use of the ladder as a weapon and some great spots really made this match the best one of the night so far.
TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Austin Aries(c) vs. Bobby Roode: Fantastic match that will end the feud for now (expect it to get picked up as soon as a new champion is crowned) and did so in great fashion. The finish will undoubtedly lead to Bobby Roode complaining about being screwed out of his title (expect him to get into a feud with James Storm really soon) and other Impact hijinks. Aries and Roode were both on song and the match was paced really well.
Nothing bugged me besides some guy in the crowd that for some reason your could hear really clearly.
At points I thought about adding the Knockouts match, but the ending was done in a way that didn't bug me (even though I knew it was coming) and Tessmacher just isn't ready to hold the title right now, so the change is fine by me.
- Kid Kash is growing a little beard like Gunner's. This looks to be a permanent tag team.
- Hernandez and Chavo will now be called "TexMex" (at least by me).
- I have never seen someone get crutched on the bottom rope before (nice inventiveness from Kash).
- Is it just me, or do pro wrestling referees add to the stereotype of all refs being idiots and screwing the good guy?
- All of Hernandez's moves are now named after 50-year-old NFL linebackers.
- Chavo just tagged in from Hernandez while Super Mex was flying over the ropes! That was just one of those little things I love.
- Has Pope been attacked by Aces & Eights? Yes, he has, and holy crap—that was a good beatdown (they finally acknowledged the camera man's existence!). Pope sold the hell out of the injury.
- Anderson just back-dropped himself onto a steel chair; that was a great counter by Magnus.
- Security did a sweep of the whole building? Maybe Aces & Eights are posing as security?
- TV Title Match? When was that advertised?
- Kaz's new shirt seems to be a ripoff of a Men in Black poster.
- That Devon Spear was good, but Kaz's reaction was fantastic.
- Earl's holding the ropes for Madison; that may not be a good sign for Tessmacher.
- And now he is calling it down the middle. This could go either way.
- Much better finish to the knockouts match tonight than on Impact.
- Is Jeff Hardy mouthing his own lyrics during his entrance?
- Robbie E is actually dominating the other men in the match!
- Quote of the night: "You don't have to put the man through the table inside the ring; it's a tables match for God's sake." - Taz
- Did the Aces & Eights guy just give Storm a thumbs up?
- Kenny King has an entrance graphic. About damn time.
- Bully Ray's chain is still in the ring.
- Will Aces & Eights make an appearance during this BFG match?
- The crowd is doing a USA chant despite the fact that everyone is from America.
- Really impressive use of the ladder as a weapon so far.
- Muscle Buster! Muscle Buster German Suplex!! Oh, it didn't work. Still a good try, though.
- Joe and Angle are trying to one up each other using Daniels.
- What did Austin Aries just spit in Roode's face?
- Earl Hebner just ripping the title from Roode was a great moment.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!