Spring Training has been going on for about a week now, and already there are some noteworthy news items.
- Luis Castillo and Marlon Anderson both appear to have lost a significant amount of weight (17 pounds each).
- Tim Redding is behind in his rehabilitation from his November foot surgery and no longer appears to be the favorite to win the fifth spot in the rotation.
- John Maine appears fully healthy following his October shoulder surgery and should be ready come Opening Day.
- Pitching prospect Bobby Parnell is working with J.J. Putz on incorporating a splitter into his pitching repertoire.
- For the second year in a row, Tony Armas Jr. has visa trouble and still, as of last reporting, has yet to arrive at camp.