Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
You could say that Pierre Jackson made the transition smoothly last season from JuCo All-American to D1 scoring PG.
He won a truck-load of awards in his first year in Waco:
- All-American, Honorable Mention (AP)
- Bob Cousy Award Finalist
- All-Big 12, First Team (ESPN.com; Kansas City Star
- Big 12 All-Rookie Team (Coaches)
- Big 12 Newcomer of the Year (Waco Tribune Herald)
- Big 12 Transfer of the Year (ESPN.com)
The 5'10" dynamo from Vegas dished, drove and delivered Baylor to the 2012 Elite Eight by leading the team in scoring (13.8 ppg), assists (5.9 apg) and steals (1.8 spg).
Jackson steps it up in the clutch. Last year, he was involved in eight go-ahead, game-tying or game-winning plays, either by scoring or distributing an assist.
With the departures of Perry Jones III, Quincy Acy and Quincy Miller, Jackson will have the challenge and opportunity to bump things up another notch in 2012-13.