Pre-Combine Sleepers (Defense)
With the combine less than a month away here is a list of defensive players that could move from seventh rounders to second or third rounders with a solid showing at the 2009 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis:
- Defensive Tackle Darryl Richard (Georgia Tech) - With a 6-4 290lb frame, Richard could fly up draft boards due to lack of prospects with the typical 3-4 DE frame. Made a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage in college and is exceptionally quick.
- Defensive End: Zach Potter (Nebraska) - At 6-7 275lbs Potter is another 3-4 DE prospect. A lot quicker than he looks. Had five career blocked kicks, seven pass breakups and two INT's this year which shows Potter knows how to use his height to his advantage.
- Inside Linebacker: Jason Phillips (TCU) - Plays well in a "phone booth". One of the best between the tackles linebacker prospects on the board. An effective blitzer whom I believe will test quite well at the combine. Athletic ability is the only question mark about Jason Phillips.
- Outside Linebacker: Lee Robinson (Alcorn St) - At 6-2 249lbs, Robinson is a perfect fit as a SLB in a 4-3 or a 3-4 OLB. Solid against the run and also made a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage.
- Cornerback: Sherrod Martin (Troy) - A converted safety who needs some work, but the quickness is clearly there. Has tremendous ability to make up ground quickly in the open field.
- Safety: Courtney Greene (Rutgers) - Tall and lean at 6-2 210lbs. Aggressive run defender, needs work playing the deep pass. Ideal strong safety at the next level.
Chief Scout Dan Wernery can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?