I would like to apologize for the lateness of this recap. As many know, I was at a wedding this weekend, which prevented me from doing this on the traditional night.
I can't say thank you enough to the people who come here each week to read the ludicrous things I come up with and take the time to comment. I am working on something special for you guys as a way to say thank you.
Until I get everything worked out, I cannot reveal any details, but I think it is something everyone will be really excited about. It will go way beyond simply giving shout-outs to the occasional winner of a prediction contest. I am working out the final details and should be able to start what I have planned very soon.
I truly appreciate my loyal readers, but for those of you who are new, each week I recap SmackDown with a long list.
The entries are made up of equal parts humor, recap, play-by-play, revelations, speculations, questions, answers and anything else I notice during the show. I sometimes comment on commercials, too, just because I get bored during them.
I ran a contest the last two weeks that allowed readers to send in custom graphics which would be voted on to become my signature weekly recap pic.
I really appreciate all of the people who sent in submissions. Congratulation to Natasha Farley for winning the contest. You made and awesome pic and I am proud to use it on a weekly basis going forward.
I try and interject some fun into these lists, so I hope you have fun reading this week's list of the 121 things we learned, loved and hated from the show.
1. The opening pyro looks a bit more colorful than usual as we open the show.
2. Booker is ribbing Michael Cole about his BBQ sauce-covered loss to John Cena on Monday.
3. Alberto Del Rio's music hits and out he comes in a BMW convertible. Nice car, but nothing like some of the vehicles he has driven to the ring.
4. Del Rio shows us how he took out Sheamus on Monday.
5. I love how Ricardo Rodriguez was just screaming at Sheamus while he was in the Cross Arm-Breaker
6. Hahahaha! Ricardo Rodriguez comes out with a white spandex body-suit and hair like Sheamus.
7. Del Rio can barely hold it together. Ricardo looks hilarious. I love the child's replica belt he is wearing, too. Nice touch.
8. Ricardo goes to demonstrate the Brogue Kick and he falls flat on his arse.
9. Sheamus' music hits again and this time it's the real thing.
10. As he enters the ring, Del Rio and Rodriguez attack.
11. Sheamus fights off Rodriguez and he focuses on Del Rio.
12. Sheamus' elbow is bandaged up to sell the injury from Monday, but it doesn't stop Sheamus from beating Del Rio all the way up the ramp.
13. Sheamus was setting up to throw Del Rio off the stage but Rodriguez holds his feet and the two get Sheamus down and start beating on him.
14. Teddy Long comes out and says that since John Laurinaitis is not here tonight due to his upcoming job evaluation, Teddy is in charge.
15. Teddy obviously hates the taste of the words "People Power."
16. Teddy makes two matches for tonight; Kane vs. Sheamus and Del Rio vs. Great Khali.
17. The modern day Giant Gonzalez comes out as we go to commercial.
18. When we return we see Del Rio getting owned by Khali with a huge chop in the corner.
19. Khali misses a boot in the corner and Del Rio starts working over his legs.
20. The Cross Arm-Breaker is a great finisher, but I wish he would come up with a second non-submission finisher.
21. Khali gets the advantage back and he sets up for his finisher, but Rodriguez distracts him and Del Rio gets him down with the C.A.B. for the win.
22. I miss Runjin Singh. He and Rodriguez would have had some funny interactions during that match.
23. Some guy behind the announcers is doing Hogan poses. I guess that's one way to stand out so you can look for yourself later.
24. We see the same video we saw on Raw with Big Show talking about how all his nice-guy stuff was just business.
25. Teddy is backstage and Cameron and Naomi come in to lighten the mood.
26. Brodus Clay is right behind them.
27. Teddy informs him that he is no longer allowed on Raw because of Big Show.
28. Clay is pissed and he says every SmackDown opponent he has will get what Big Show has coming to him.
29. A feud with Show after Show is done with Cena would do wonders for Clay. He needs a way to look like more than just a dancing fool by destroying someone like Big Show.
30. Part of the graphic wall beneath the titan-tron is broken. It's a small section that I barely noticed behind Cameron and Naomi.
31. I am shocked I noticed it at all with the Funkadactyls out here.
32. Clay looks excited, but it's a safe bet he will make Derrick Bateman look like a jobber.
33. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Bateman!!!
34. Clay throws Bateman through the ropes and his feet get caught in them, and he fell kind of hard on the way down.
35. I just noticed that Clay has question marks all over his attire. I guess he is the Riddler in this scenario.
36. Clay squashes Bateman both figuratively and literally with his big splash finisher.
37. Clay brings in some kids, who Cole calls the Funkateers.
38. Sin Cara gets hyped a bit before the break.
39. A video for Raw's 1,000th show has Booker reflecting on a moment where he defended the WCW Championship on Raw.
40. Not often you get to see Buff Bagwell in a WWE flashback.
41. I don't care what anybody says, he was a talented wrestler who had a great tag team with The Patriot. Stars and Stripes were one of my favorite teams as a child.
42. The American Males...not so much. Sorry, Scotty Riggs.
43. Sin Cara is out to face Drew ''I want to be in a shampoo commercial" McIntyre, who got a jobber's entrance for this match. Speaking of hair, I had pretty long hair until Friday when I chopped all of it off and donated it to Locks for Love. If you have 12 inches of hair you are willing to lose, I suggest this worthy cause. This is the second time I have done it.
44. McIntyre tries to get the early advantage but Cara uses his speed to keep him off balance.
45. McIntyre locks in a modified Abdominal Stretch and he starts taking it to Cara, slowing the pace to his own.
46. He tries to press Cara above his head but gets taken down with a head-scissors
47. Damn! Drew McIntyre almost takes Cara's head off with a huge running boot.
48. After a few very impressive counters we see Sin Cara get the win with a huge DDT.
49. We come back from another commercial to see two jobbers in the ring. One looks like Lucky Cannon a little bit. Remember that guy?
50. The other guy reminds me of Biff from Back To The Future.
51. They deliver yet another awkward promo from Ryback's opponents.
52. I actually see some people in the crowd stand up for Ryback's entrance. That's a change.
53. Booker puts over the jobbers, so they must be from his Indy promotion/wrestling school.
54. The way Ryback throws them around the ring looks both dangerous and physically impressive.
55. It's hard to tell sometimes if him being this stiff is intentional or him just being green.
56. He does his finisher to both men at the same time and gets the win.
57. OK, he has had well over a dozen wins over jobbers at this point. Let's see him fight someone who can actually pose a challenge.
58. I think I heard a small "Feed me more" chant from the crowd.
59. The Peep Show with Christian is up after the commercial. Nice.
60. Cody Rhodes comes out before Christian can and he starts destroying the Peep Show set.
61. The man who was just at TNA's PPV is out to confront Cody.
62. Cody basically asks him why he turned from heel to baby face.
63. Cody and Christian have a good back and forth interaction.
64. Dolph Ziggler is out on the ramp next, without Vickie.
65. Christian looks confused as to why the stools from his set have not been removed from the ring yet, so he does it.
66. Ziggler takes it right to Christian with a take-down to start the match.
67. Ziggler and Christian have a series of counters, which leads to both men outside the ring and Christian with the advantage.
68. He misses a sliding Dropkick and Ziggler hits a running knee to take control.
69. I like how Cody puts over Christian before the commercial.
70. Ziggler is still in control when we return.
71. Ziggler is looking very impressive in this match. Then again, he usually does.
72. Christian with a beautiful reversal, turning a Fame-asser into a modified powerbomb for a near fall.
73. More reversals until Ziggler hits the Fame-asser for the two-count.
74. This is a great match. These two could have an amazing match on a PPV with enough time.
75. Christian runs into a nasty dropkick from Ziggler for another near fall.
76. A missed Zig Zag leads to Christian hitting the Frog Splash for the pin and the win.
77. I loved that match from beginning to end. Both men contributed to what is no doubt going to be the match of the night.
78. This movie, Savages, looks pretty interesting. A commercial for it aired just now where I am, in case you were wondering.
79. A video recap of Cole and Cena's exchange from Monday is shown, and Cole addresses the crowd afterwords.
80. Ha! He uses the "Can I have your attention, please" line. Haven't heard that since the computer was general manager.
81. Great. Now I'm pissed. I still hate that the storyline over the anonymous GM was just ditched the way it was without a payoff or climax.
82. Hornswoggle comes out dressed as Jim Ross.
83. Dressing up as JR is fine, but did Hornswoggle really need to make it look like he had Bells Palsy by not moving half his mouth while he talked? I actually do know someone who found out she had it a couple years ago, and it's not funny at all.
84. WTF!!! This is more insulting to Jim Ross than it is to Michael Cole.
85. Thank you, God. Damien Sandow is out to save us from this atrocity of a segment.
86. This is honestly one situation where the heel looks like a hero when he is trying not to. Stopping this insult to JR is the best thing he could have done.
87. Sandow backs Hornswoggle into a corner and Tyson Kidd comes out to make the save.
88. Kidd challenges Sandow to come back into the ring, but Sandow looks like he is refusing, until he runs in and hits his finisher on Kidd.
89. I like how he rubs it in by sort of resting on his opponent after the move.
90. Thank You, Damien Sandow. Tonight, you really were our savior.
91. Kane is backstage and Matt Striker asks him about his match with Sheamus giving him the chance to beat both the WWE and World Champions in the same week.
92. He says Striker should ask CM Punk how it felt to get chokeslammed.
93. Striker asks about AJ, and Kane stares him down til he walks away.
94. As Kane leaves we see AJ emerge from behind some crates like a creepy stalker.
95. Why don't girls like that stalk me?
96. Jimmy Uso is in the ring and Teddy comes out to say JL asked him to personally introduce Aksana and Antonio Cesaro.
97. Wow! Aksana is ridiculously hot tonight.
98. They are really playing up the rugby gimmick for Cesaro with the new Jacket and his attire.
99. Uso takes it right to Cesaro and works him over for the early part of the match.
100. Damn! Cesaro propels Uso into the air and hits a European Uppercut on him as he comes back down. That was awesome.
101. Cesaro pancakes Uso with his finisher and gets the win.
102. Quick match, but Cesaro managed to look impressive.
103. Teddy looks distraught as Aksana congratulates Cesaro.
104. Teddy comes in the ring and hesitantly raises Cesaro's hand in victory.
105. Here is how I imagined Cesaro's gimmick pitch meeting going.
Vince McMahon: "We are going to pair you up with Aksana and you guys will basically make out before and after every match."
Antonio Cesrao while jumping up and down: "Yes yes yes yes yes."
Vince McMahon: "Hey, shut up. That's Daniel Bryan's thing."
106. Sheamus is out to face Kane and you can see that he recently busted open his lip during a close-up.
107. Kane and Sheamus exchange control a couple of times before Kane gets Sheamus in the corner.
108. Sheamus comes back with a series of power moves and gets a near fall on Kane.
109. Sheamus tries to superplex Kane, but gets pushed off the ropes.
110. Sheamus ends up hitting White Noise after Kane leaps from the top and misses.
111. He sets up for the Brogue Kick in the corner but Kane catches his foot only to end up with both men colliding in the middle of the ring.
112. Del Rio comes out and ends the match by interfering and Kane takes advantage by hitting Sheamus from behind.
113. AJ comes down and flashes her big eyes and evil smile at Kane, who is distracted enough to allow for Sheamus to hit the Brogue Kick.
114. Ricardo Rodriguez is all alone in the ring with Sheamus and he turns into another Brogue Kick from Sheamus.
115. The show ends with Sheamus staring down Del Rio on the ramp.
116. Good show overall. I liked Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler the best out of anything tonight. Without that match it would have been a totally forgettable show.
117. Sandow saving us from Hornswoggle's botched joke was just plain great, and both Cesaro and Uso made the most out of a short amount of time.
118. I really hope Clay and Big Show end up having some kind of real feud. I would like to see how Clay does against someone with more experience than guys like Alex Riley.
119. I am looking forward to Raw on Monday, as Vince McMahon is usually pretty solid.
120. I also just realized that we have been seeing a very low number of Divas matches in recent weeks.
121. With the exception of the non-wrestling segments it appears that WWE is back to treating the Divas like they don't matter, which is sad given the talent they have on the Divas roster. AJ is doing good things with her angle, though.
Thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts and additions to the list below.
On a personal note, I would like to congratulate my dear friends, Bonnie and Jason, on having the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. I was truly honored to stand up for a great friend like Jason, and Bonnie could not have been a more amazing bride. I hope my readers understand that being in this wedding was very special to me and that is why I was unable to post this article on the usual night.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!