The Doctor's WWE SmackDown Recap: The 156 Things We Learned, Loved and Hated
I can't say thank you enough to the people who come here each week to read the ludicrous things I come up with and take the time to comment. I am working on something special for you guys as a way to say thank you.
Until I get everything worked out, I cannot reveal any details, but I think it is something everyone will be really excited about. It will go way beyond simply giving shout-outs to the occasional winner of a prediction contest. I am working out the final details and should be able to start what I have planned very soon.
I truly appreciate my loyal readers, but for those of you who are new, each week I recap SmackDown with a long list.
The entries are made up of equal parts humor, recap, play-by-play, revelations, speculations, questions, answers and anything else I notice during the show. I sometimes comment on commercials, too, just because I get bored during them.
I have decided I want to use one custom image for the top of my recaps going forward, but I am not that good at creating those kinds of things.
Last week I started a contest, which is continuing into this week. What I am looking for is one of my more graphically talented readers to help me out. This is a big favor I am asking so I am not expecting a ton of submissions, but any will be considered.
I want people to design some custom images and I will put up a slideshow which will allow people to vote for their favorite. The winner will be used on a weekly basis on my recaps going forward with credit being given to the artist in every article.
Rate the show from 1-5 stars
Here is what the specifications would have to be in order to qualify. The image would have to be a minimum size of 1200x900 to work, but bigger than that is just as good.
The image would need to incorporate the phrase "The Doctor's Weekly Recap List" and contain plenty of images relating to WWE and various Doctor Who-related items like The TARDIS, sonic screwdrivers, Daleks or anything else widely known as part of the Who-niverse.
For anyone who didn't get it from the rotating profile pics I use, I am a big Doctor Who fan. This is the primary reason I call myself The Doctor, in tribute to the show.
I am looking for one universal image to use for both Raw and SmackDown so excluding those words would be best so I can use it for both. Extra consideration will be given for putting the Bleacher Report logo in as well.
I am really looking forward to what you guys are able to come up with and just so people do not feel rushed, I am going to allow submissions for two weeks. June 4 will be when I post the slideshow for voting.
If you would like to submit an image please send an E-mail with the image attached as a JPEG to BR_Doctor@live.com along with your full name so the work can be properly credited. This e-mail was created just for this contest, so please contact me on my profile page for anything else.
So far, I have not had very many submissions at all, so any will be considered. The ones I have received have been really cool.
Should the main event have ended cleanly?
It is also not lost on me that my introductions have been getting longer and longer recently. That will change in a week or two once I have everything settled for all the things that are going on.
I try and interject some fun into these lists, so I hope you have fun reading this week's list of the 156 things we learned, loved and hated from the show.
1. First things first; I will be at a rehearsal dinner and wedding where I will be standing up for my friend, Jason, from June 8 to 9 so the recap for next Friday's recap will not be posted until Sunday.
1.5 I also have to say congratulations to my brother, Jay and his wife, Jessica on bringing my second nephew, Mason, into the world on Monday.
2. We get a recap of Kane and Daniel Bryan's attacks on one another to start the show.
3. They have added a lot of newer superstars to the intro video. Nice to see.
4. Sheamus comes out to start things off.
5. We see how Sheamus laid out Alberto Del Rio last week after ADR became his opponent for No Way Out.
6. Sheamus tries to justify attacking ADR from behind.
7. David Otunga comes out looking like he is in mourning with that dark outfit he has on.
8. How is WWE not selling a David Otunga travel mug by now?
9. Otunga replays how Sheamus almost knocked over John Laurinaitis two weeks ago.
10. Are we seriously still on this?
11. Otunga orders Sheamus to apologize to Johnny Ace.
12. Sheamus basically says he is going to shove that coffee mug up Otunga's arse.
13. Thank God. ADR comes out to break up this really weak segment.
14. I don't know why but the normally charismatic Sheamus and Otunga looked like they were both unprepared for that segment.
15. Save for the scarf, Del Rio is wearing all black as well.
16. No joke. Did someone die and I missed the news?
17. Del Rio's necklace reminds me of the pendant they used to sell for Razor Ramon. A product I bought but have no idea what happened to.
18. Otunga says Del Rio will get to choose Sheamus' opponent for the night.
19. Del Rio is very pleased about this and Sheamus kicks Otunga's head off.
20. I loved Booker's reaction to Sheamus' attack.
21. Sheamus says, "Never trust a hooligan."
22. I wonder if they are going to push that as some kind of nickname for him. It's on his shirt too.
23. We get a short video hyping how they will show us a longer video of Big Show's rampage from Raw later in the evening. Redundancy makes me laugh and cry all at once.
24. Sin Cara is back with a new red and white attire.
25. Heath Slater as his opponent gets the jobber's entrance without so much as an introduction from Lilian.
26. Sin Cara is still using that stupid light over the ring during his matches.
27. Cara looks pretty good as he takes it to Slater right away with a series of well-timed moves.
28. Slater hits a big boot to put down the high flyer.
29. After some offense by Slater, we see Cara come back with a nice series of high flying moves.
30. I don't know what his finisher is called, but it always looks pretty cool. (La Mistica - ED.)
31. Cara gets the win in a nice showing. It was a quick squash, but he showed that he is still capable.
32. Ezekiel Jackson is already in the ring when we return.
33. Hallelujah! Damien Sandow is out to face him.
34. The confidence this guy has in his gimmick is amazing. He already looks like he has been performing in front of huge crowds for years by the level of charisma he has.
35. I still don't quite understand the pink tights and purple knee pads, though.
36. Sandow says he will not be wrestling and Zeke pulls him back in the ring.
37. Sandow manages to reverse the Torture Rack and he starts working over Jackson.
38. After only about a minute we see Sandow hit his neckbreaker finisher and get the win with a very lackadaisical pin.
39. I used that word just to impress him. Think it worked?
40. We go backstage to see Dolph Ziggler requesting to be Sheamus' opponent tonight.
41. Del Rio says he will beat Sheamus at No Way Out, regardless of who he faces tonight.
42. He does like Ziggler's passion, though, so he gives him the match.
43. Ziggler walks out and Del Rio puts on a very sinister looking grin.
44. Two jobbers in the ring when we return. I wonder who their opponent is?
45. Michael Cole is laughing before they even speak.
46. These guys look so nervous to be on WWE television.
47. They get some cheap heat by talking about Alabama to the LSU-friendly crowd.
48. Ryback comes out and faces both men at once.
49. Ryback hits a series of powerbombs on one of the guys while also using him to swat away the other jobber.
50. He looks like he is a little stiff in the ring. I wonder how his opponents think he is in terms of safety.
51. Ryback sets up both men and does his finisher to both at the same time.
52. Even though these guys were pretty small, that still looks really impressive.
53. Another quick squash win for the undefeated Ryback.
54. Let's get this guy into a real feud to test him before we build him into the next Goldberg.
55. The crowd on the hard camera side looks absolutely dead after the match.
56. We get the video of Big Show taking Brodus Clay apart on Monday.
57. That was a pretty cool way to show his domination without having Clay lose.
58. Vickie comes out on the ramp to bring out Dolph Ziggler and she says she has made a special arrangement for tonight.
59. Nice. Ziggler comes out, takes the mic from her before she can finish and says "Tonight I beat the World Heavyweight Champion."
60. He looks really pissed as he brushes right passed her on the ramp. It is only a matter of time before Ziggler is on his own again.
61. Is anyone else tired of classic songs being ruined for the sake of some brand who can't make an original jingle? Damn you, Little Caesars!
62. After the break, we see Sheamus come down for his match with Ziggler.
63. Ziggler takes control early on.
64. Lots of intensity from Ziggler. I like it.
65. Booker puts over Ziggler big as the next big star. I am glad someone agrees with me on that.
66. Sheamus catches Ziggler as he leaps off the top rope and he slams him for a near fall.
67. After another commercial we see Sheamus beating Ziggler like a government mule.
68. That one was for you, JR.
69. Ziggler gets the advantage and ends up doing his headstand/headlock move.
70. Vickie cheers Ziggler on as he hits a jumping elbow and gets a two count on Sheamus.
71. Ziggler and Sheamus botch a move where Sheamus was going to hit his backbreaker but Ziggler jumped like he was going to do a normal body slam.
72. Sheamus is on the top rope and Ziggler runs up and pulls him off with a nice facebuster move from the turnbuckle.
73. Very inventive move. I am not sure if I have seen that before.
74. It gets Ziggler another near fall.
75. I love how strong Ziggler is looking in this match. He might be in line for a push soon.
76. Ziggler tries for the Zig Zag but Sheamus turns it into White Noise and he sets up for the Brogue Kick.
77. Jack Swagger runs up on the apron out of nowhere and Ziggler ends up running into him on accident.
78. Sheamus hits Ziggler with the Brogue Kick for the win.
79. I am willing to bet Ziggler will blame Swagger for the loss and this will help lead to them breaking up.
80. I hope Vickie stays with Swagger and Ziggler goes off on his own. I think Swagger needs the added heat more than Ziggler at this point.
81. CM Punk is interviewed backstage about how Johnny Ace is always trying to cost him the title.
82. Punk says he will make the Devil's favorite demon go to sleep in his match with Kane tonight.
83. A recap of Darren "don't call me a microphone" Young and Titus O'Neil beating the Usos from last week is shown.
84. I guess they are officially being called the Prime Time Players now.
85. Santino and Zack Ryder are out to face them.
86. What's with the gold medal around Santino's neck.
87. Santino is the US Champion but it looks like he might be in a tag team with Ryder from now on.
88. Young and O'Neil start off strong with some quick tags ane double-team moves.
89. I am glad WWE is starting to show more love to the tag team division these days.
90. WWE couldn't fix how sloppy Ryder's run in to save Santino was with editing. It was like Ryder just stood there so Young could run over him.
91. Whoa! Santino gets the quick win out of nowhere with a roll up.
92. As Ryder and Santino are celebrating on the ramp we see Big Show come out and grab them both by their necks.
93. Show runs Santino into the big WWE sign on the stage and then he starts beating down Ryder.
94. Big Show is just tossing Ryder into different objects to cause punishment.
95. Big Show looks really mad as he walks a set of steel steps up the entrance ramp.
96. Calm down, Randall. You'll get your pig back.
97. Show grabs Ryder and slams him onto the steps.
98. Even Cole says this is hard to watch, and he is a heel.
99. After he rolls Ryder off the steps, Show pulls them up to the top of the ramp and grabs Santino again.
100. Big Show pushes Santino's face into the steel steps for a few seconds and then he puts him in a camel clutch while still on the steps.
101. He finally hits a WMD on Santino to end the destruction.
102. I think this is a great way to get him over as a heel. Having him just demolish babyfaces for no reason is kind of awesome to watch.
103. Commercial. So who saw the Hatfields and McCoys miniseries on the History Channel?
104. I loved every bit of it. Well written and very well acted by all involved. I know it was not 100 percent accurate, but how can it be when so much of what happened being on record from second- and third-hand information?
105. When we return, we see AJ all decked out in CM Punk gear.
106. Daniel Bryan walks up to her and asks what she is doing with all of this.
107. He says Punk thinks she is a nut-job like everyone else and she says he is just jealous.
108. She asks why he even cares and he says he doesn't, but he did at one point which is more than he can say for Punk.
109. Sweet! Christian is on commentary for the next match.
110. Haha. Cole is right when he says Christian's hat makes him look like a train conductor.
111. Cody Rhodes is out to face Tyson Kidd.
112. Kidd got the jobber's entrance.
113. It's too bad that this will probably be a squash for Cody because he and Kidd could probably tear the house down if they had the right amount of time.
114. Kidd tries for a Sharpshooter and Rhodes pushes him into the turnbuckle.
115. Rhodes hits his finisher after about a minute for the win.
116. A lot of really quick matches are happening tonight. I would rather see a medium amount of decent length matches, but that's just me.
117. Cody stares at Christian as he leaves up the ramp.
118. We see Kane backstage as he walks to the ring for his match.
119. Its clobberin' time after the commercial break as Punk comes out to what looks like a big ovation.
120. Kane's pyro scares Booker as he makes his entrance for this WWE title match.
121. I do have to say that even though I was about 25 feet from the ring at Extreme Rules, when his pyro went off it felt like when you open the oven really quickly when your face is right in front of it. Not good.
122. At least they do a video package for Antonio Cesaro. I have been wondering where he went.
123. Aksana's voice was all over that video.
124. I miss her showing up every week accompanied by a saxophone and mood lighting.
125. Kane uses his power to get the early advantage over Punk.
126. Punk hits a low dropkick, sending Kane face first into the middle turnbuckle, giving him some breathing room.
127. Punk begins assaulting Kane's arm.
128. Kane hit Punk with a right hand that I swear was a full force punch. It might have been them selling it really well, too.
129. Punk tries to keep attacking Kane's arm but Kane just runs Punk out of the ring by shoving him over the top rope before we go to commercial.
130. OH...MY...GOD! Why did this Jersey Shore Shark Attack movie not happen to those drains on society in real life? SyFy makes some terrible movies that end up being hilarious simply by being so bad.
131. Nice. We come back from commercial right as Punk kicks Kane in the head.
132. Kane knocks Punk off the top rope with a right hand and Punk is down outside the ring.
133. AJ comes down the ramp, looking concerned for Punk.
134. I read somewhere that WWE released a shirt that says "I dig crazy chicks," so I guess this angle will last a bit longer.
135. Kane brings Punk back in the ring after some more punishment for a near fall.
136. Punk hits a beautiful counter when he turns Kane's Chokeslam into a DDT.
137. Punk hits his high knee, but fails to hit the bulldog.
138. He follows up with a neckbreaker for a near fall.
139. Punk breaks free from Kane's grip and hits a huge roundhouse kick for another near fall.
140. Punk gets Kane up for the GTS but he falls forward from the weight and Kane capitalizes with a running dropkick for another close fall.
141. I am loving this match. There is some great back and forth action going on.
142. Kane misses a leap from the top and Punk goes up for the Macho Man elbow.
143. AJ signals to Punk that Daniel Bryan is trying to run in and Punk leaps off the top onto Bryan.
144. Punk hits Bryan a few times for good measure and then goes back up to hit the Macho Man elbow for a very close two-count.
145. Punk tries for a springboard but gets hit by a huge strike from Kane.
146. As Kane tries for the chokeslam, we see Daniel Bryan leap off the top rope and hit a dropkick to both men.
147. He starts stomping and kicking Punk while screaming Yes with every strike.
148. I agree with Booker that a great match was ruined by a run in.
149. Kane comes back in and ends up hitting both men with the chokeslam simultaneously.
150. Big Johnny's music hits and he comes out with Eve and his rascal.
151. He makes the match a No Way Out a triple threat between these three men.
152. Everyone saw that coming about a week ago.
153. AJ sits in the ring between the two downed superstars as the show ends.
154. Too many short matches, but it was a decent show overall.
155. I loved the main event, except for the ending.
156. I want to take a moment and thank everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers to the family of a friend I lost to cancer on Monday. It means a lot. Monday was a crazy day with the birth of my nephew as well.
Thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts and additions to the list below.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?