UFC News: Jon Jones Pleads Guilty to Driving While Intoxicated
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones plead guilty to a driving while intoxicated charge in a Binghamton City Court in New York on Tuesday, according to a report by WBNG.
Jones entered a plea deal with the District Attorney's office, and the agreement calls for a fine and a conditional discharge according to what Jones' attorney said to the judge.
"Bones," the man who many felt would be the new face of the UFC prior to his arrest earlier in the month, will also have his license temporarily suspended until he is back in court for sentencing on June 19.
Jones must complete an alcohol abuse and dependency assessment prior to the sentencing.
The Broome County Sheriff's Department says Jones was driving his 2012 Bentley which crashed into a telephone pole near the corner of Grand Boulevard and Helen Street at 5 a.m. on May 19.
The 24-year-old met with UFC president Dana White and UFC chairman/CEO Lorenzo Fertitta on Tuesday, to discuss his future with the company.
After defeating four former champions in a row in the form of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida and former Greg Jackson MMA teammate Rashad Evans, Jones does not have many opponents left before he cleans out the 205-pound division.
However, he has another stiff test ahead of him in the form of former PRIDE and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson at UFC 151 on Sept. 1.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?