Fantasy Baseball 2012: Emergency Waiver-Wire Pitcher for April 25
Andy Lyons/Getty Images
Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Reds (vs. San Francisco)
1. Arroyo has been stellar in his last two outings: 1-0, 1.76 ERA, 0.59 WHIP, 9/1 K-BB ratio.
2. In 10 career appearances against the Giants (61 innings), Arroyo has a 3.25 ERA, 1.37 WHIP and 38 strikeouts.
3. At Great American Ballpark (101 appearances), Arroyo has a good record of success: 39-36, 3.94 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 450 strikeouts in 657.1 innings.
4. The game-time temperature in Cincy should be a balmy 72 degrees, ideal conditions for Arroyo and Giants pitcher Barry Zito—although the wind may gust to 12 mph.
5. The slate of Wednesday's free-agent starters isn't that great. So, when in doubt...side with veteran pitchers at home.
The Next Five For Wednesday
1. Jason Hammel (Orioles) vs. Blue Jays
2. J.A. Happ (Astros) @ Brewers
3. Liam Hendriks (Twins) vs. Red Sox
4. Barry Zito (Giants) @ Reds
5. Juan Nicasio (Rockies) @ Pirates
A Look Back
Tuesday's selection: San Diego's Clayton Richard (vs. Washington)
Final tally: 6.1 innings, two runs allowed, six strikeouts...2.85 ERA, 1.31 WHIP
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?