The 2011 season was quite disappointing for the Philadelphia Eagles as they finished with a mediocre 8-8 record and failed to make the playoffs—despite being known as the "Dream Team."
However, there is some good news for the Eagles—they're an incredibly talented team and have only a few minor holes that need to be touched up.
With that being said, the Eagles hold the No. 15 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft and could go in several different directions with the pick.
Earlier this week, I released my final seven-round mock draft and today we're going to take a look at whom I have going to Philly at No. 15.
No. 15: Michael Brockers, LSU, DT
Heading into the draft this Thursday, I currently have Michael Brockers as the No. 2-rated defensive lineman. He should be quite the addition for the Eagles, as they could use some help starting alongside Cullen Jenkins.
Brockers has elite size at 6'6" and 306 lbs. Overall, Brockers is a pretty athletic defensive lineman as he can play both the 3- and the 5-techniques.
While at LSU, Brockers displayed his skills of being very difficult to block as he's such an overwhelming force and almost impossible to blow off of the line.
The most impressive trait to Brockers' game is that he anticipates plays and is such a playmaker—which is something that I believe will translate well into the NFL.
All in all, this is a pretty safe yet solid selection for the Eagles, and I could definitely see Brockers making a productive impact in 2012 with Philadelphia.
Tony Santorsa's 2012 NFL Mock Draft:
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck
2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil
4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne
6. St. Louis Rams: Fletcher Cox
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Melvin Ingram
8. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill
9. Carolina Panthers: Justin Blackmon
10. Buffalo Bills: Michael Floyd
11. Kansas City Chiefs: David DeCastro
12. Seattle Seahawks: Luke Kuechly
13. Arizona Cardinals: Jonathan Martin
14. Dallas Cowboys: Quinton Coples
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Brockers
16. New York Jets: Courtney Upshaw
17. Cincinnati Bengals: Dre Kirkpatrick
18. San Diego Chargers: Cordy Glenn
19. Chicago Bears: Nick Perry
20. Tennessee Titans: Stephon Gilmore
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Peter Konz
22. Cleveland Browns: Kendall Wright
23. Detroit Lions: Riley Reiff
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams
25. Denver Broncos: Dontari Poe
26. Houston Texans: Whitney Mercilus
27. New England Patriots: Harrison Smith
28. Green Bay Packers: Jerel Worthy
29. Baltimore Ravens: Dont'a Hightower
30. San Francisco 49ers: Coby Fleener
31. New England Patriots: Devon Still
32. New York Giants: Zach Brown
Be sure to check out Tony Santorsa's blog: PatriotsPlus.