Alistair Overeem: April 24 Will Be the Biggest Fight of My Life

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories

Anyone questioning Alistair Overem's confidence heading into his NSAC hearing next week can think again, as the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion is counting on having more than just one fight before everything is said and done.

"April 24 is going to be the biggest fight of my life," Overeem told El Octagono. "And May 26 is going to be an even bigger fight of my life. I'm feeling very confident. I'm feeling very good so let's knock them dead."

When Overeem took a random drug test at the UFC 146 pre-fight press conference, his fight with UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos was quickly put into doubt. He earned the shot at JDS after defeating former UFC champion Brock Lesnar last year.

Since Overeem hadn't been licensed during the drug test, which saw his T/E ratio at 14:1, he couldn't actually be suspended.

Now, he will have to go in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission later this month to make a case for being allowed to have a license to fight.

With the questions looming about whether or not Overeem will fight, there are even more questions as to who would replace him. UFC president Dana White already confirmed Frank Mir will be fighting Cain Velasquez no matter what on the same card, which features a full main card of heavyweight bouts. He also shut down the fans' rally for Mark Hunt.

If Overeem is given a license, fans will be able to let out a big sigh of relief in what has been a crazy last couple weeks outside of the Octagon.

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

Out of Bounds

UFC

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.