Clemson at North Carolina
Wednesday 9PM TV: ESPN
Clemson travels to Chapel Hill to face the rejuvenated Tar Heels in a matchup of top 10 teams. The Tigers have never won in Chapel Hill and have only beaten UNC nine times out of the last 62 tries.
Why I Think Clemson Will Win
1. Lets face it. Their due to win in Chapel Hill. All streaks come to an end.
2. Clemson forces over 18 turnovers per game from their defense even forcing 19 from Wake on Saturday.
3. More Defense. The Tigers rank in the top 10 nationally in steals and blocks per game.
Why I Think North Carolina Will Win
1. North Carolina has the speed and passing to break Clemson's press with Ty Lawson and Bobby Frasor.
2. The Tar Heels are an offensive juggernaut ranking first in field goals made, three-pointers made and free throws made in the ACC.
3. Free Throws. North Carolina ranks No. 4 nationally in FT made and 18th in FT percentage. Clemson is 222nd in FT percentage and 183rd in FT made. UNC gets six more points per game than Clemson from free throws.
After a brief blip on the radar early in the ACC season, UNC looks like they are getting back to their winning ways. The Tar Heels are much better offensively than Clemson, and when they strap down and play defense, they can be one of the best there too. I think the Tigers will have to wait another year for a win in Chapel Hill.
North Carolina wins by 5-12 points
Other ACC Games this week:
Wake over Virginia Tech
Miami over Florida State
Season: 5-4 SU
My Home Page
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!