We've already done a full Vikings Mock and while I have reevaluated my position on the offensive line, the Vikings can really go Best Pick Available with something approaching impunity.
The only positions they shouldn't make too early are running back and quarterback.
As such, expect to see a lot of familiar names on the top 50, though not always in the order you'd expect. Remember, while a player may be a higher graded prospect, sometimes he won't be as high on a team's board because they simply don't have as much of a need there.
With that in mind, here's my Vikings Big Board.
1) Matt Kalil, OT, USC
2) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
3) Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
4) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
5) David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
6) Melvin Ingram, OLB, South Carolina
7) Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
8) Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
9) Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
10) Reilly Reiff, OT, Iowa
11) Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
12) Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
13) Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
14) Mark Barron, S, Alabama
15) Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
16) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
17) Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois
18) Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
19) Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
20) Devon Still, DT, Penn State
21) Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
22) Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
23) Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
24) Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
25) Courtney Upshaw, DE, Alabama
26) Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
27) Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
28) Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois
29) Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
30) Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
31) Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson
32) Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
33) Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
34) Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
35) Kendall Reyes, DT, UCONN
36) Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
37) Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina
38) Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
39) Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
40) Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
41) Shae McClellin, OLB, Boise State
42) Mohammad Sanu, WR, Rutgers
43) Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
44) Brian Crick, WR, Appalachian State
45) Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
46) David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
47) Brandon Boykin, CB Georgia
48) Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
49) Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
50) Marvin Jones, WR, California
As you can see, the Vikings board should have a nice cross-section of positions.
Trent Richardson is on the list and while I said the Vikings need not go early on a running back, you never know how the board will fall. Devaluing running backs—even elite ones like Richardson could be—makes for some big drops.
It's unlikely he makes it back to the Vikings, but if he did, they'd have to jump.
Otherwise, they'll set their sights on lots of offensive line help, linebackers, and most importantly defensive backs. There is a fair amount of talent in those areas, so going best pick available once you have a guy like Kalil out of the way is a pretty good idea.
The Vikings should be able to find good value which also fills a need at any position in the draft, so we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out on draft day.