Auburn quarterback Clint Moseley
Some people like cream and sugar in their coffee, and others like it black. Me? I sweeten it up with a little SEC football. Here are the links you need to read to be properly prepared for Monday's water cooler.
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive sits down with Ron Higgins of The Memphis Commercial Appeal, and talks scheduling, playoffs and more.
- Auburn's quarterback race is going to be wide open under new offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler, writes Charles Goldberg of The Birmingham News.
- Chris Bahn of ArkansasSports360.com updates us on Arkansas OL Jason Peacock, who was arrested on Friday for using a stolen debit card to buy $36.01 worth of gas.
- Last year proved that LSU needs options at quarterback. Jim Kleinpeter of The Times Picayune takes a look at the quarterbacks behind presumed starter Zach Mettenberger.
- The Big 12 reportedly considered legal action to keep Missouri away from the SEC, writes David Briggs of The Columbia Daily Tribune
- With James Franklin nursing a shoulder injury, redshirt freshman Corbin Berkstresser received high praise from Missouri coaches, reports Dave Matter.
- Chip Towers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that a statue for 1980 Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker isn't a priority for Georgia.
- Robbie Andreu of The Gainesville Sun reports that Omarius Hines is off to a hot start at Florida, as he transitions to running back.
- With Warren Norman out for spring, Vanderbilt moved Wesley Tate from wide receiver back to running back to provide depth behind starter Zac Stacy.
- WCIV ABC 4 in Charleston, S.C. reports that South Carolina wide receiver Bruce Ellington, who announced last week that he was leaving the football team to focus on basketball full-time, is reconsidering his decision in lieu of the dismissal of former Gamecock basketball coach Darrin Horn.