Let's face facts, the days of college coaches traveling from town to town to watch high school football are long gone. Well-produced highlight films aren't just the norm, they're expected if a recruit wants to attract attention from coaches outside of their own zip code.
Keep in mind that there are several things that go into making a great prospect video. They include:
- PLAYER TALENT: No amount of editing can make an average player look great.
- UPDATED CONTENT: Videos from your sophomore year will be penalized.
- CAMERA WORK: If you're shaking the camera, we can't see if the player is good or not.
- PLAY ORDER: If you play two ways, feature the position you'll play at the next level.
- VIDEO QUALITY: They should have great plays only, and not overstay their welcome.
Also, I'd like to add that I'm only including those videos who've been uploaded to YouTube and been made public—because no great player should be hidden behind a recruiting service's monthly subscription fee.
Oh yeah, if you like this article, follow me on Twitter @russell_arch—and if you disagree, or have your own favorite reel, please leave it in the comments (below).
So without further adieu, let's take a look at the Top-20 Prospect Videos from the Class of 2013.