I thought this was going to be an easy pick for me. Hands down, I thought I would just pick Florida without even having to review any facts, figures, or muddle things up with all those silly sports stats.
I mean, I live in Florida and I’ve already mentioned that Gator fans are truly insane. They redefine fanatical.
I’d be scared to live in this state and admit that I’m not rooting for them (unless I was cheering for Florida State University because other Seminole fans would totally have my back).
Plus, they are playing the Oklahoma Sooners and that name just irks the crap out of me. Sooner than what?
But then someone pointed out a little fact that made me have to stop and consult the Stiletto Sports Official Rulebook for Team Selection (aka “picks”).
Florida is playing the Oklahoma Sooners. And who is their QB? None other than my December pick for Man of Style, 2008’s Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford. So not good. How do I choose now?
I thought about listing numbers and stats about the two, but you can get those a zillion other places, and I personally think it will just confuse the whole thing!
However, I will give you what I found to be the best facts I found about the match-up between these two hotties. I mean, talented quarterbacks.
* From my own quote a few weeks ago “Sam is a tall, dark, handsome piece of yumminess! He’s 6′4 and 218 pounds of solid muscle, and how much do you just want to run your fingers through his hair?”
* Tim is pretty hot himself. He’s 6′2 and 238 of rippling muscles.
* Sam has thrown for 48 touchdowns and 4,464 yards.
* Tim has thrown for 62 TDs and 6,159 yards. However, because I feel like muddling things with my own sports facts: Tebow is playing his junior year, Bradford is playing his sophomore.
At the end of his sophomore year, Tebow had 38 TDs and 3,644 yards. Ha! But for this game it’s actually a plus for Tim for having another year of experience over Sam.
* Sam is only the second sophomore to win the NCAA’s prestigious Heisman Trophy for Most Outstanding College Football Player.
* Tim was the first.
* Sam beat out Tim this year for the trophy.
* Tim is pretty pissed that he didn’t win it back-to-back and will be looking for revenge on the field.
And finally, the best facts/quotes of them all:
He is accurate enough, as offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said in the week’s best quote, to “win a lot of teddy bears at the fair.” As leaders go, he is Tebow with an NFL arm. ~From ESPN.com
I personally favor Sam. Maybe it’s because I wrote about him a few weeks ago, so I feel a closer bond. Maybe it’s because he is the better QB.
Or maybe it’s just because I really, really, really want to run my fingers through his hair!