Chris Trotman/Getty Images
This class is very strong at almost every positon. This class is not just full of superstars, it is incredibly deep and teams looking for bargains will be very happy.
Arguably two of the three best third basemen, Ryan Zimmerman and David Wright, will be free agents this offseason. Third base is a very top heavy position and teams will be lining up waiting to sign one of the few elite players at that position in the majors.
Questions to Consider:
- How much will two of Scott Boras' clients get? Robinson Cano and Jacoby Ellsbury will likely re-sign with their current teams but how much will it cost to re-sign the two superstars?
- Is this really it for Joey Votto in Cincinnati?
- Will the New York Mets let David Wright walk like Jose Reyes, will he re-sign with the team or will they trade him for a couple top prospects?
- Will Justin Morneau, the 2006 AL MVP, get a big deal or will his injury issues scare teams off?
- Will Mark Reynolds get a big payday because of his massive power or will his low batting average, poor defense and high strikeout rate keep the price down?
Potential $100 Million Deals:
Brian McCann, Joey Votto, Robinson Cano, Ian Kinsler, David Wright, Jacoby Ellsbury, Curtis Granderson, Hunter Pence, Evan Longoria*
|Catcher ||First Base ||Second Base ||Shortstop ||Third Base ||Outfield
|Brian McCann ||Joey Votto ||Robinson Cano ||Asdrubal Cabrera ||Evan Longoria* ||Jacoby Ellsbury
|Geovany Soto ||Justin Morneau ||Ian Kinsler ||Stephen Drew ||Mark Reynolds ||Curtis Granderson
| ||Paul Konerko ||Ben Zobrist* ||Yuniel Escobar* ||Michael Young ||Adam Jones
| ||Michael Morse ||Brian Roberts ||Rafael Furcal ||Chipper Jones ||Alex Gordon
| ||Aubrey Huff ||Martin Prado ||Jhonny Peralta ||David Wright ||Shin Soo Choo
| ||Travis Hafner |
|Chase Utley ||Derek Jeter* ||Placido Polanco ||Nelson Cruz
| || || || ||Kevin Youkilis ||Corey Hart
| || || || ||Ty Wiggington ||Carlos Beltran
| || || || ||Ryan Zimmerman ||Hunter Pence
| || || || || ||Chris Young*