K-Love had 25 points, 17 rebounds and was 5-of-6 from three-point range. Rubio provided a big spark in the fourth quarter coming up with key assists to Love and Anthony Tolliver to solidify the win for Minnesota. He also ended up with 14 points and seven assists.
A couple game notes:
- The Wolves kept their heads up when things got a little shaky in the fourth quarter. This was one of the biggest obstacles for the team to overcome last season.
- The Wolves shot from behind the arch much better in the second half. The big shots from K-Love and Tolliver in the fourth were what put us ahead. I suppose if you die by the three, you live by it as well.
- Anthony Randolph needs to slow it down a little bit. You can tell he's got the potential, but he needs to discipline his game a little bit more.
- Who was not on the floor again in the fourth quarter? Wes Johnson. When is Rick Adelman going to take him out of the starting lineup? The second unit (except for Love) is so much more exciting to watch. They are much more efficient.
- The Wolves allowed Dirk to find his stroke a little bit. However, they kept Kidd, Marion, Odom and Terry at bay offensively. Delonte West was the only other Mav to get more than 10 points.
This was a good momentum win for the Wolves. It seemed like Wolves fans let out a huge sigh of relief after Love hit those clutch three pointers in the fourth. It has been a long 295 days since the last W.
Tomorrow night is a big test against the Spurs. Game time is 8pm EST.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!